Links: Mental Health
Mental Health Links
- WebMD Depression Condition Center
- The Psychopharmacology page of
Emory University's comprehensive listing of
medical links on the internet.
- Dr. GROHOL's
Mental Health Page - Dr. John Grohol's Mental
Health Page, your personalized one-stop index for
psychology, support, and mental health issues,
resources, and people on the Internet.
- Mental Health
Infosource - a well organized resource for
mental health information from CME, Inc.
- NetPsych -
Shareware Psychological Consultation - consult
with a psychologist on the internet. Pay only if
- The Mental Health Clinical Research Center
(MHCRC) at the University of California, San
Diego - Major themes related to the neurobiology
of depression: Sleep and Chronobiology
Molecular Genetics Brain Imaging
- Psych Star -
web page of the American Academy of Child &
Adolescent Psychiatry. The Academy publishes
"Facts for Families" - over 52
informational sheets which provide concise
material on issues such as the depressed child,
teen suicide, learning disabilities, child sexual
abuse and other topics.
for the Mentally Ill - family members of; or
people with, neurobiological disorders
("NBD", formerly known as 'mental'
illnesses) like schizophrenia, manic depression,
major depression, obsessive compulsive disorder ,
borderline personality disorder, etc.
- "Break the silence about -- and some day
end -- psychiatric atrocities, such as forced
psychiatric drug injections and coerced
electroshock. Promote and create a range of
humane alternatives for empowering emotional
support. Reach out to allies, especially other
Home Page - a new service of the National
Institute of Mental Health.
- National Alliance for the Mentally Ill
- NAMI is
people: people who care, people who understand,
and people who are working to improve the lives
of all of us who are affected by serious mental
illnesses. Note from daedalus: they also are
strong proponents of involuntary hospitalization,
ECT, and forced medication.
- HyperDoc - A
Service of the US National Library of Medicine -
the world's largest biomedical library.
- Internet Mental Health
- a free encyclopedia of mental health information.
- Mental Health Net
- the largest and most comprehensive guide to
mental health online, featuring over 3,500
- Go Ask Alice
- A Computer Health Question &
Answer Service from Columbia University. This
page allows searches of previous questions and
answers as well as a form for asking questions.
- American Psychological Association
- PsychNET, the Internet service of the American Psychological
- KEN -
Knowledge Exchange Network, a one-stop source of
information and resources on prevention,
treatment, and rehabilitation services for mental
illness. KEN is a service of the Center for
Mental Health Services, Substance Abuse and
Mental Health Services Administration, U.S.
Department of Health and Human Services.
- Rehab & Therapy Online Mall -
Disability & Health Care Buyer's Guide, includes
chatrooms, bulletin boards and links.
- Psychology in Daily Life -
The Public Affairs Office of the American Psychological Association has
prepared resources to provide information on mental health
and psychological issues that face us all.
They're collected into topical groups of consumer information,
family and the mind-body connection.
You'll also find a list here of state and provincial
many of which offer referrals for mental health services,
as well as a link to association ethics documents.
- ARCHIVES of GENERAL PSYCHIATRY Table of Contents
- An AMA publication with excellent professional articles.
- The Doctor's Guide to the Internet
- A commercial site providing information on illnesses and
pharmaceuticals to doctors and consumers.
- The Bipolar Disorder Information Center.
A commercial site supported by an unrestricted educational
grant from Abbott Laboratories.
- Health Care for the Homeless Information Resource Center
- provides technical assistance,
identifies and synthesizes knowledge, and disseminates information.
The National Resource Center links policy makers, service providers,
researchers, consumers and other interested parties
to findings from Federal demonstration and
Knowledge Development and Application (KDA) projects and
research on homelessness and mental illness.
- Dr. Debra Moore's Psychology Pages
- The site has over 100 articles and book reviews related
to mental health and psychology, with a major section on
depression and bipolar disorder.
- free links to 1,000's of health sites, 100's of health topics,
featuring treatment, diagnosis, prevention, risk factors,
support groups, email lists, personal stories, etc.
Modified June 26, 2006